Introduction by Sergei Boutenko
30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge on YouTube
The First Green Smoothie
by Victoria BoutenkoFor decades dietitians have been educating the public about the multiple benefits of greens, but it was not clear how to incorporate fresh greens into everyone’s daily diet. The only option for eating greens seemed to be the salad. The problem is that in our industrialized world, the taste of greens is not as appealing as the stimulating taste of processed foods. That is why despite the Popeye cartoons and Jolly Green Giant advertisements in the 1920’s, mothers pushing broccoli on their children, wheatgrass shots in juice bars and a variety of green powders becoming available, greens remained a nonessential side dish or even an unpleasant requirement for many. That was also true for me. I knew I needed to eat greens but disliked the taste of them. In 2004, I had already been eating a raw food diet for more than ten years and although switching to an all raw diet had allowed me to reverse my most serious conditions - edema, arrhythmia, and depression - I still wasn’t experience the most vibrant health that I was looking for.
In search of the perfect human diet, I decided to look for an animal genetically close to human beings. I found that chimpanzees share an estimated 99.4% of their genes with humans. At the same time, these animals possess an extremely strong natural immunity to AIDS, Hepatitis C, cancer, and other fatal human illnesses. I was thinking that if we share 99.4% the same genes, our diets are supposed to be 99.4% similar. It appeared that the opposite was true. That is, the standard American diet is about 99% different from the diet of wild chimpanzees. Please see for yourself.
Green Smoothie Revolution ©2009 Copyrighted material Please reference this source when sharing this information: www.rawfamily.com
ResourcesBlenders & Deydrator:
- American Community Gardening Association: ACGA
- Organic Seeds including wild edible seeds: Seeds of Change
- Organic Farmers & Farmers Market Directory: Local Harvest
- Download No GMO Guide: The Non-GMO Shopping Guide
- Diabetes: Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 days
- Cancer: Healing Cancer from Within
- Food Industry: Food Inc
- Wild Edibles: Earth Walks North West
- Research into natural cures for illness: Master Your Illness
- National Agriculture Library: USDA
- Raw Vegan Diet Research Links: Beyond Vegetarianism
- Ann Wigmore: www.annwigmore.org
- Jane Goodall: www.janegoodall.org
- Byron Katie: www.thework.com
- Krishnamutri: www.kfa.org
- Eckhart Tolle: www.eckharttolle.com
- Max & Charlotte Gerson: www.gerson.org
- Dear Diabetes Advisor, by Michael A. Pfeifer, M.D., CDE. Alexandria, Virginia: American Diabetes Association, 1997.
- Diabetes: Questions you have… Answers you need, by Paula Brisco. Allentown, Pennsylvania: The People’s Medical Society, 1997.
- Conquering Diabetes, by Anne Peters, M.D. New York: Hudson Street Press, 2005.
- American Diabetes Association Complete Guide to Diabetes. Alexandria, Virginia: American Diabetes Association, 2002.
- The Diabetes Problem Solver, by Nancy Touchette, PhD. Alexandria, Virginia: American Diabetes Association, 1999.
- Albi, Johnna and Walthers, Catherine. Greens Glorious Greens! New York: St. Martin’s Press. 1996.
- Appleton, Nancy. Rethinking Pasteur’s Germ Theory. California: North Atlantic Books. 2002.
- Baker, Elizabeth. Unbelievably Easy Sprouting! Washington: Elizabeth Baker. 2000.
- Baroody, Dr. Theodore A., Jr. Alkalize or Die. North Carolina: Eclectic Press. 1991.
- Brown, Ellen Hodgson,J.D. and Hansen, Richard T., D.M.D., FACAD. The Key to Ultimate Health. California: Advanced Health Research Publishing. 2000. 2^nd Edition.
- Campbell, T. Colin, Ph.D. The China Study. Texas: Benbella Books 2004.
- Cooper, Dr. Kenneth H. Advanced Nutritional Therapies. Tennessee.: Thomas Nelson, Inc. 1996.
- Cutrell, Doug and Wigmore, Ann. Living Foods Manual. New Mexico.
- Feldt, Linda Diane. Spinach and Beyond. Michigan: Moon Field Press. 2003.
- Fouts, Roger. Next of Kin. New York: HarperCollins Publishing. 2003 Reprint.
- Fuhrman, Joel, M.D. Eat to Live. New York: Little, Brown and Company. 2003.
- Gebhardt, Susan E. and Thomas, Robin G. Nutritive Value of Foods. Washington, D.C.: Superintendent of Documents U.S. Government Printing Office. 2002. Revised.
- Goodall, Jane. Reason For Hope. New York: Warner Books, Inc. 1999.
- Goodall, Jane. The Chimpanzees of Gombe. Massachusetts: The Belknap Press of Harvard University Press. 1986.
- Goodall, Jane. Through a Window. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company. 1990.
- Harris, Ben Charles. Eat the Weeds. Connecticut: Keats Publishing, Inc. 1973.
- Jensen, Bernard, DC, Ph.D. Come Alive! California: Bernard Jensen, 1997.
- Jensen Bernard, D.C., Ph.D. Tissue Cleansing Through Bowel Management, Escondido, CA: Bernard Jensen Publishing, 1981
- Kliment, Felicia Drury, The Acid Alkaline Balance Diet. New York: Contemporary Books, 2002.
- Krishnamurti. Think on These Things. New York: Harper & Row Publishers. 1964.
- Ladygina-Kohts, N.N. Infant Chimpanzee and Human Child. New York: Oxford University Press, Inc. 2002.
- Ley, Beth M. PhD. Flax! Fabulous Flax! Minnesota: BL Publications. 2003.
- Mindell, Earl, R.Ph., Ph.D. Food as Medicine. New York: Simon & Schuster. 1994.
- Peterson, Lee Allen. Edible Wild Plants. New York: Houghton Mifflin Company. 1977.
- Price, Weston A., D.D.S. Nutrition and Physical Degeneration. California: The Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Inc. 2003. 6^th Edition.
- Ragnar, Peter. How long do you choose to live? Tennessee: Roaring Lion Publishing. 2001.
- Ross, Julia, M.A. The Diet Cure. New York: Penguin Books. 1999.
- Ruimerman, Ronald. Modeling and remodeling in bone tissue. Eindohoven: University Press Facilities. 2005.
- Seibold, Ronald L. M.S. Cereal Grass. Kansas: Pines International, Inc.2003.
- Shahani, Khem, Ph.D. Cultivate Health from Within. Connecticut: Vital Health Publishing, 2005.
- Stanway, Dr. Andrew. The High-Fiber Diet Book. New York: Exeter Books. 1976.
- Tompkins, Peter and Bird, Christopher. Secrets of the Soil. Anchorage, Alaska: Earthpulse Press Inc. 2002. Third Printing.
- Tompkins, Peter and Bird, Christopher. The Secret Life of Plants. New York: Harper & Row, Publishers. 1989. First Perennial Library Edition.
- Tooshi, Dr. Alan M., Ph.D. Dr. Tooshi’s High Fiber Diet. Nebraska: iUniverse.com, Inc. 2001.
- Van Orden, Dr. Flora. Conversations with Dr. Flora. TheRawDiet.com. 2005.
- Wigmore, Dr. Ann and Earp-Thomas, Dr. G.H. Organic Soil. Massachusetts: Rising Sun Publications. 1978.
- Wigmore, Ann. Overcoming Aids. New York: Copen Press. 1987.
- Wigmore, Ann. Rebuild Your Health. Puerto Rico: Quality Printers. 1991.
- Wigmore, Ann. You Are The Light Of The World. Massachusetts: Ann Wigmore. 1990.
- Wigmore, Ann and Pattinson, Lee.The Blending Book. New York: Avery Publishing Group. 1997.
- Winick, Myron, M.D. The Fiber Prescription. New York: Ballantine Books. 1992.
- Young, Robert O. and Shelly Redford. The pH Miracle. New York: Warner Books, Inc. 2002.